When thinking about what was most important to share in our final letter to you of 2020, we were struck by the thought that everyone seems to be racing towards “the end”/ a culmination to this very strange and unsettling year.
The truth of the matter is that all things considered it is more likely to be a short-lived reprieve, rest and re-charge to a New Year that will demand of us all the lessons, fortitude and consistency in adversity that we learnt during the rollercoaster that was 2020.
The positive side to this is that we are better equipped to operate in this unknown environment.
The one constant has been the support of our members. Your continued support of ACTSA has allowed us to weather this storm and connect with you and add value to the services we provide.
December is officially upon us and as we reflect on the year passed much has changed. Companies were forced to relook at how they operate with the majority of their work force working from home, some with new little “co-workers” also being in the picture. I am sure many of you can relate to this.
In light of the changes ACTSA was able to maintain some consistency in ensuring we provide virtual events, producing our annual journal and the education committee working tirelessly to ensure the ACTSA e-learning short course is launched in 2021.
As we enter the last quarter of the year we continue to learn and grow in new ways. We hope that we can network face-to-face in the near future but until then virtual platforms to communicate and network are for now the norm and we will continue to provide content that is pertinent to the treasury industry.
We must also thank our members, who have so graciously continued their support for the Association. Put simply without your support we wouldn’t be able to do what we do.
• ACTSA & Investec Webinar | Ensuring the liquidity of your business
• ACTSA Webinar | Covid-19 a new reality: Your organisation’s reaction, resilience and recovery with KPMG
• ACTAS Webinar | Hedge Accounting – Enhancing Treasury’s Risk Management Toolbox presented by Deloitte
• ACTSA & Futuregrowth Webinar | The state of SA public finance: How close are we to a debt trap?
• ACTSA & RMB Webinar | Risk management in a new paradigm
• Inaugural SARB/Market Participants Group (MPG) Forum re the interest rate benchmark reform project
ACTSA & SARB
As stakeholders we appreciate having representation in the work streams in the discussions/considerations for the transition to a revised benchmark Interest Rates and we also have participation in SARB’s South African Foreign Exchange Committee (SAFXC).
ACTSA Journal 2020
The Association Of Corporate Treasurers of Southern Africa (ACTSA) is excited to present to our members the 2020 edition of the South African Treasurers Journal entitled “Opportunity in Crisis – Rethinking Treasury”. ACTSA is very proud to have been able to produce a Journal despite the challenging conditions we all have faced during the year. Thank you for your support.
The journal is published in association with Treasury Management International (TMI) who are based in the UK and it is available online. Our Journal is distributed extensively around the world by TMI as a supplement together with their publication. Click here to read the 2020 edition.
The ACTSA Education Committee has been working tirelessly in collaboration with the University of the Free State to ensure the e-learning Corporate Tresaury Programme will be launched in 2021.
The course will assist those people operating within the South African Corporate Treasury space
to understand the role that the Treasury function plays within an entity and in particular acquire the skill sets to provide effective and meaningful services to their organisations.
The Careers Page on the website as ACTSA is posed to provide the perfect platform for a treasury focused careers page, in the quest to continuously uplift and professionalise the treasury environment. The careers page is two fold:
1. It allows job seekers, both members and non-members, interested in a career in treasury the opportunity to seek Treasury specific jobs posted on this page.
2. Companies seeking the right person with the right skills, the platform will enable ACTSA Members the opportunity to post vacancies whereby the treasury skills required for the vacancy would be crystallised, to better understand the ultimate requirements of a true treasurer.
If you would like more information on the Careers Page please contact Artemis on 082 653 0299 or firstname.lastname@example.org