facilitating the exchange of information beneficial to the management of corporate treasury operations and the professional development of its members.
Facilitating the exchange of information
beneficial to the management of corporate
treasury operations and the professional
development of its members.
What is Treasury?
Treasury management is defined as ‘the corporate handling of all financial matters, the generation of external and internal funds for business, the management of currencies and cash flows and the complex strategies, policies and procedures of corporate finance.
The goal of most treasury management departments is to optimize their company’s liquidity, make sound financial investments for the future with any excess cash, and reduce or enter into hedges against its financial risks.
There are two distinct parts of treasury management – one is making sure that the cash flow is well maintained and the other is the creation of the policies that ensure the company’s risk strategy is one that is sustainable and suitable for its needs.
SA Treasurers’ Journal
IGTA Summer 2021 Edition
IGTA Spring 2022 Edition
ACTSA would like to invite organisations to sponsor workshops, breakfasts or conferences
with a current topic of interest. This is a great platform to impart knowledge on to our
extensive database of members and non members in the treasury industry.
- The Key to Smarter Liquidity Management: Breaking Down SilosTreasurers must lead the charge to bring down organisational silos that stifle optimised liquidity management. To do this successfully, they… Read more »
- Nedbank has cut 1 in 4 branches and 16% of staff since 2015Expects a ‘significant shift’ to far smaller branches … and reports a 27% increase in headline earnings for the first six months of 2022. Read more »
- Libstar share price jumps on news of Cape Foods acquisitionGains access to new markets in more than 30 countries. Read more »
- Mariah Carey, Usher and Metallica headline NYC, Accra shows — here's how you can join inA line-up of global music stars will perform to help the Global Citizen movement celebrate its decade of work to end extreme poverty, help empower girls and women and defend the planet. Read more »
- WATCH | 'Women need basic income grant and a job': Black Sash leadersBlack Sash executive director Rachel Bukasa sat with former Black Sash president Mary Burton to discuss what needs to change in SA and the power of their female membership. Read more »
- New data suggests women are actually better drivers than menWomen are “better” drivers than men, claims Netstar after examining its latest telematics data. Read more »