Ensuring the liquidity of your business has become one of the key imperatives during the Covid-19 pandemic. With markets and supply chains likely to remain severely displaced for an extended period, businesses are having to look at ways to not only secure liquidity during these times, but to do so in a way that helps ensures their long-term sustainability.
Investec Bank is proud to partner with ACTSA in bringing you an exclusive webinar, where Richard Wainwright, Investec Bank SA CEO, will be joined by Jörg Pässler, Group Treasurer at Sappi, and Annabel Bishop, Investec Chief Economist in discussing the unique liquidity challenges of our times.
Richard has been intimately involved, through the Banking Association of SA, in the collaboration between banks, National Treasury and the Reserve Bank, to provide liquidity to South African business.
As Treasurer of a leading multinational, Jörg brings a wealth of knowledge of the complexities of managing liquidity across geographies, jurisdictions and currencies.
Topics they will discuss include the following:
• How to ensure adequate liquidity in times of crisis
• Lessons from previous crises
• Renegotiating facilities – recommendations and learnings
• Scenario planning during and after the pandemic
• Managing liquidity across currencies and geographies
• Balancing liquidity needs against the cost of funding
• What key funding trends that are emerging